Are you sure you want to delete this item? Are you sure you want to delete these 0 items?

Download

Oops! Something went wrong! It doesn't appear to have affected your data. Please notify your system administrator if the problem persists. Access denied
Your session was expired. Page will be reloaded.

Processing...

Your assets are ready. If the download does not start automatically, click Download.

Add assets to album

  • Pat Nixon Holds Press Preview of Blue Room Refurbishment
    Unknown
    Blue Room
    State Floor
    refurbishment
    renovation
    This film features clips from First Lady Pat Nixon's afternoon press conference to mark the official reopening of the Blue Room on May 15, 1972. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by Mrs. Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. To see the full film, please see asset 1123268.
  • Craftsmen Hang Wallpaper during 1972 Blue Room Refurbishment
    Unknown
    Blue Room
    State Floor
    refurbishment
    renovation
    This film features clips of craftsmen preparing and adhering wallpaper to the Blue Room's walls during the 1972 refurbishment of the Blue Room. The Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972 during the renovation and was part of a larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. To see the full film, please see asset 1123268.
  • Blue Room, Nixon Administration
    Unknown
    State Floor
    Blue Room
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This photograph shows the Blue Room of the White House as it appeared following a renovation project by First Lady Pat Nixon in 1972. Mrs. Nixon was assisted by White House Curator Clement E. Conger and design consultant Edward Vason Jones. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia.
  • Paintings in the White House Collection in the Blue Room (Page 16 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the second page of the document describing the paintings from the White House Collection on display following the 1972 redecoration of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 16 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • 1972 Blue Room Refurbishment and Receptions
    Unknown
    refurbishment
    renovation
    Blue Room
    State Floor
    This film collection features craftsmen preparing and adhering wallpaper to the Blue Room's walls and First Lady Pat Nixon's afternoon press conference to mark the official reopening of the Blue Room on May 15, 1972. The first part of the film featuring the craftsman is interspersed with footage of the South Grounds as seen from the Blue Room, as well as detail shots of the new plaster work on the ceiling. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by Mrs. Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room.
  • Location Changes of Portraits and Objects (Page 17 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This document describes the location changes of portraits in the White House Collection and objects due to the 1972 renovation of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 17 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • Files Pertaining the Blue Room Renovation (Full Document)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This compilation is made of files from the Office of Curator pertaining to the renovation, refurbishing, and reopening of the Blue Room on May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room.
  • Paintings in the White House Collection in the Blue Room (Page 15 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the first page of the document describing the paintings from the White House Collection that were on display following the 1972 redecoration of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 15 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • Items Moved to the Blue Room During Redecoration (Page 14 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the second page of a document describing the items already in the White House Collection moved during the 1972 redecoration of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 14 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • Items Moved to the Blue Room During Redecoration (Page 13 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the first page of a document describing the items already in the White House Collection moved into the Blue Room during the 1972 redecoration. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 23, 1972[,] to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 13 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • New Acquistions in the Blue Room (Page 12 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the sixth page of a document describing new acquisitions from the White House Collection acquired during the 1972 redecoration of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part of a larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 12 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • New Acquistions in the Blue Room (Page 11 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the fifth page of a document describing new acquisitions from the White House Collection acquired during the 1972 redecoration of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part a of larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 11 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • New Acquistions in the Blue Room (Page 10 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the fourth page of a document describing new acquisitions from the White House Collection acquired during the 1972 redecoration of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part a of larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 10 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • New Acquistions in the Blue Room (Page 9 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the third page of a document describing new acquisitions from the White House Collection acquired during the 1972 redecoration the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part a of larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 9 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • New Acquistions in the Blue Room (Page 8 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the second page of a document describing new acquisitions from the White House Collection acquired during the 1972 redecoration of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part a of larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 8 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.
  • New Acquistions in the Blue Room (Page 7 of 17)
    Office of the Curator
    Clement E. Conger
    Betty C. Monkman
    inventory
    document
    renovation
    refurbishment
    This is the first page of a document describing new acquisitions for the White House Collection acquired during the 1972 redecoration of the Blue Room. The refurbished Blue Room’s style was inspired by the French Bellangé suite of furniture President James Monroe purchased for the room in 1817. The walls were covered with beige wallpaper, featuring an upper frieze with a flower and bowl design, and a lower border of pink flowers, cupids, and Greek figures. Blue curtains hung the length of the room. The room also included a new oval plaster design in the center of the ceiling completed by Herbert John Millard, a wood carver from Roswell, Georgia. During the renovation the Blue Room was closed from February 19, 1972, to May 15, 1972, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. The Blue Room's renovation was part a of larger project initiated by First Lady Pat Nixon to refurbish and renovate the White House's rooms and expand its collection. During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Nixon acquired 600 paintings and furnishings for the White House Collection, and revamped the Red Room, Green Room, Map Room, and China Room. This document is page 7 of 17. To see the full text, please refer to 1123238 in the Digital Library.