Are you sure you want to delete this item? Are you sure you want to delete these 0 items?

Download

Oops! Something went wrong! It doesn't appear to have affected your data. Please notify your system administrator if the problem persists. Access denied
Your session was expired. Page will be reloaded.

Processing...

Your assets are ready. If the download does not start automatically, click Download.

Add assets to album

  • Convex Girandole Mirror, Green Room
    Unknown
    State Floor
    Green Room
    mirror
    sconce
    This convex girandole mirror with wall sconces was made circa 1820 in New York. The wooden frame features carvings of a large American eagle at the top and a smaller British lion at the base. The wood has been gilded with two candle sconces on either end of the base. The creator is unknown. The girandole is captured in the Green Room in a photograph taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. It was added to the White House Collection in 1971.
  • Convex Girandole Mirror, Green Room
    Unknown
    State Floor
    Green Room
    mirror
    sconce
    This convex girandole mirror with wall sconces was made circa 1820 in New York. The wooden frame features carvings of a large American eagle at the top and a smaller British lion at the base. The wood has been gilded with two candle sconces on either end of the base. The creator is unknown. The girandole is captured in the Green Room in a photograph taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. It was added to the White House Collection in 1971.
  • Convex Girandole Mirror, Green Room
    Unknown
    State Floor
    Green Room
    mirror
    sconce
    This convex girandole mirror with wall sconces was made circa 1820 in New York. The wooden frame features carvings of a large American eagle at the top and a smaller British lion at the base. The wood has been gilded with two candle sconces on either end of the base. The creator is unknown. The girandole is captured in the Green Room in a photograph taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. It was added to the White House Collection in 1971.
  • Convex Girandole Mirror, Green Room
    Unknown
    State Floor
    Green Room
    mirror
    sconce
    This convex girandole mirror with wall sconces was made circa 1820 in New York. The wooden frame features carvings of a large American eagle at the top and a smaller British lion at the base. The wood has been gilded with two candle sconces on either end of the base. The creator is unknown. The girandole is captured in the Green Room in a photograph taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. It was added to the White House Collection in 1971.
  • Convex Girandole Mirror, Green Room
    Unknown
    State Floor
    Green Room
    mirror
    sconce
    This convex girandole mirror with wall sconces was made circa 1820 in New York. The wooden frame features carvings of a large American eagle at the top and a smaller British lion at the base. The wood has been gilded with two candle sconces on either end of the base. The creator is unknown. The girandole is captured in the Green Room in a photograph taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. It was added to the White House Collection in 1971.
  • Convex Girandole Mirror, Green Room
    Unknown
    State Floor
    Green Room
    mirror
    sconce
    This convex girandole mirror with wall sconces was made circa 1820 in New York. The wooden frame features carvings of a large American eagle at the top and a smaller British lion at the base. The wood has been gilded with two candle sconces on either end of the base. The creator is unknown. The girandole is captured in the Green Room in a photograph taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. It was added to the White House Collection in 1971.
  • Federal Period Mirror, White House Collection
    Unknown
    mirror
    Family Dining Room
    State Floor
    This 19th century mirror was donated to the White House Collection in 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration. The convex gilt mirror was made in the Federal style and features a carved bald eagle above the mirror glass. The piece was likely made in New York. Joseph J. Scherschel photographed the mirror in August 1965 in the Family Dining Room, seen reflected in the mirror. At the time, the mirror hung above the room's green and white marble mantelpiece.
  • Federal Period Mirror, White House Collection
    Unknown
    mirror
    Family Dining Room
    State Floor
    This 19th century mirror was donated to the White House Collection in 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration. The convex gilt mirror was made in the Federal style and features a carved bald eagle above the mirror glass. The piece was likely made in New York. Joseph J. Scherschel photographed the mirror in August 1965 in the Family Dining Room, seen reflected in the mirror. At the time, the mirror hung above the room's green and white marble mantelpiece.
  • Convex Mirror, Red Room
    Unknown
    Red Room
    mirror
    State Floor
    This convex mirror, made in the early 19th century, remains a part of the White House furnishings. In this photograph, the mirror is hanging in the Red Room and reflects the furnishings and fireplace in the ornate room during the John F. Kennedy administration.
  • Mirror, Red Room
    Unknown
    State Floor
    Red Room
    mirror
    This photograph of a circular mirror with a decorative eagle in the Red Room was shot in such a way that a reflection of the room's furnishings are displayed. The photograph was taken by George Mobley of the National Geographic Service.
  • Wine Bottle Holder, White House Collection
    Unknown
    silver
    This silver-plated wine bottle holder was created circa 1904 in Connecticut. The wine bottle holder was used by White House staff to serve guests at dinners hosted by the president and first lady. Suz Redfearn photographed the wine bottle holder on November 19, 2018.
  • Mantel Clock, White House Collection (Detail)
    Unknown
    clock
    This detailed closeup is of a black marble and malachite mantel clock. The clock has three dials (clock, calendar, and barometer) and a thermometer and was made in France. It was purchased from retailer Browne & Spaulding of New York City for the mantelpiece in the Cabinet Room during the Ulysses S. Grant administration. Until the construction of the West Wing in 1902, the Cabinet Room was on the east end of the Second Floor in the Executive Mansion.
  • Wine Bottle Holder, White House Collection
    Unknown
    silver
    This silver-plated wine bottle holder was created circa 1904 in Connecticut. The wine bottle holder was used by White House staff to serve guests at dinners hosted by the president and first lady. Suz Redfearn photographed the wine bottle holder on November 19, 2018.
  • Mantel Clock, White House Collection (Detail)
    Unknown
    clock
    This detailed closeup is of a black marble and malachite mantel clock. The clock has three dials (clock, calendar, and barometer) and a thermometer and was made in France. It was purchased from retailer Browne & Spaulding of New York City for the mantelpiece in the Cabinet Room during the Ulysses S. Grant administration. Until the construction of the West Wing in 1902, the Cabinet Room was on the east end of the Second Floor in the Executive Mansion.
  • Flagpole Finial, White House Collection
    Unknown
    finial
    This gilded copper finial with an intricately carved eagle ornament was removed from the White House flagpole in 1993 due to damage. It is not known if this was the original finial installed atop a new White House flagpole in 1898 or if it was a replacement. Following the removal in 1993, the finial was replaced with an exact replica.
  • Wine Bottle Holder, White House Collection (Detail)
    Unknown
    silver
    This silver-plated wine bottle holder was created circa 1904 in Connecticut. The wine bottle holder was used by White House staff to serve guests at dinners hosted by the president and first lady. Suz Redfearn photographed the wine bottle holder on November 19, 2018.
  • Torchere, White House Collection
    Unknown
    candelabrum
    gilded bronze
    This is one of a pair of circa 1830-1837 gilded bronze torchères in the White House Collection. They were placed with the Blue Room mantel in the mid-19th century and may have been a gift to President Andrew Jackson by a political supporter. Bates Littlehales photographed the torchere in March 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration.
  • Victorian Andirons, White House Collection
    Unknown
    andirons
    brass
    This pair of brass, urn shaped andirons are a blend of Chinese and rococo styles. The andirons and a family history of their use in the White House were donated to the White House Collection by relatives of President Taylor's daughter, Betty Taylor Bliss, around 1962. They were photographed by Bates Littlehales in 1962.
  • Torchere, White House Collection
    Unknown
    candelabrum
    gilded bronze
    This is one of a pair of circa 1830-1837 gilded bronze torchères in the White House Collection. They were placed with the Blue Room mantel in the mid-19th century and may have been a gift to President Andrew Jackson by a political supporter. Bates Littlehales photographed the torchere in March 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration.
  • Torchere, White House Collection
    Unknown
    candelabrum
    gilded bronze
    This is one of a pair of circa 1830-1837 gilded bronze torchères in the White House Collection. They were placed with the Blue Room mantel in the mid-19th century and may have been a gift to President Andrew Jackson by a political supporter. Bates Littlehales photographed the torchere in March 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration.
  • Victorian Andirons, White House Collection
    Unknown
    andirons
    brass
    This pair of brass, urn shaped andirons are a blend of Chinese and rococo styles. The andirons and a family history of their use in the White House were donated to the White House Collection by relatives of President Taylor's daughter, Betty Taylor Bliss, around 1962. They were photographed by Bates Littlehales in 1962.
  • Torchere, White House Collection
    Unknown
    candelabrum
    gilded bronze
    This is one of a pair of circa 1830-1837 gilded bronze torchères in the White House Collection. They were placed with the Blue Room mantel in the mid-19th century and may have been a gift to President Andrew Jackson by a political supporter. Bates Littlehales photographed the torchere in March 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration.
  • Victorian Andirons, White House Collection
    Unknown
    andirons
    brass
    This pair of brass, urn shaped andirons are a blend of Chinese and rococo styles. The andirons and a family history of their use in the White House were donated to the White House Collection by relatives of President Taylor's daughter, Betty Taylor Bliss, around 1962. They were photographed by Bates Littlehales in 1962.
  • Bronze Inkstand, White House Collection
    Unknown
    writing utensils
    This bronze inkstand belonged to President Thomas Jefferson and features a reclining male figure wearing a Phrygian helmet. Inscribed on the inkstand is "T. Jefferson, 1804". The inkstand was donated to the White House Collection in 1962. Bates Littlehales photographed the inkstand in March 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration
  • Bronze Inkstand, White House Collection
    Unknown
    writing utensils
    This bronze inkstand belonged to President Thomas Jefferson and features a reclining male figure wearing a Phrygian helmet. Inscribed on the inkstand is "T. Jefferson, 1804". The inkstand was donated to the White House Collection in 1962. Bates Littlehales photographed the inkstand in March 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration