Are you sure you want to delete this item? Are you sure you want to delete these 0 items?

Download

Oops! Something went wrong! It doesn't appear to have affected your data. Please notify your system administrator if the problem persists. Access denied
Your session was expired. Page will be reloaded.

Processing...

Your assets are ready. If the download does not start automatically, click Download.

Add assets to album

  • Federal Period Mirror, White House Collection
    Unknown
    mirror
    Family Dining Room
    State Floor
    This 19th century mirror was donated to the White House Collection in 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration. The convex gilt mirror was made in the Federal style and features a carved bald eagle above the mirror glass. The piece was likely made in New York. Joseph J. Scherschel photographed the mirror in August 1965 in the Family Dining Room, seen reflected in the mirror. At the time, the mirror hung above the room's green and white marble mantelpiece.
  • Federal Period Mirror, White House Collection
    Unknown
    mirror
    Family Dining Room
    State Floor
    This 19th century mirror was donated to the White House Collection in 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration. The convex gilt mirror was made in the Federal style and features a carved bald eagle above the mirror glass. The piece was likely made in New York. Joseph J. Scherschel photographed the mirror in August 1965 in the Family Dining Room, seen reflected in the mirror. At the time, the mirror hung above the room's green and white marble mantelpiece.
  • Convex Mirror, Red Room
    Unknown
    Red Room
    mirror
    State Floor
    This convex mirror, made in the early 19th century, remains a part of the White House furnishings. In this photograph, the mirror is hanging in the Red Room and reflects the furnishings and fireplace in the ornate room during the John F. Kennedy administration.
  • Hiawatha's Boat, White House Collection (Detail)
    Gorham Manufacturing Company
    silver
    This image shows the detail of Hiawatha's Boat, a silver and mirror centerpiece made by Gorham Manufacturing Company of Providence, Rhode Island, in 1871. First Lady Julia Grant purchased the centerpiece, which the artist based on the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem The Song of Hiawatha, at the 1876 Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
  • Bellange Chair, White House Collection
    Pierre-Antoine Bellange
    chair
    This gilded beechwood armchair is part of the 53-piece suite of Pierre-Antoine Bellange furniture that future president James Monroe purchased while serving as United States minister to France and later brought with him to the White House. Many pieces remain in the White House Collection. This particular chair is upholstered in fabric inspired by the chair's original crimson upholstery.
  • Hiawatha's Boat, White House Collection (Detail)
    Gorham Manufacturing Company
    silver
    This image shows the detail of Hiawatha's Boat, a silver and mirror centerpiece made by Gorham Manufacturing Company of Providence, Rhode Island, in 1871. First Lady Julia Grant purchased the centerpiece, which the artist based on the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem The Song of Hiawatha, at the 1876 Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
  • Wine Bottle Holder, White House Collection
    Unknown
    silver
    This silver-plated wine bottle holder was created circa 1904 in Connecticut. The wine bottle holder was used by White House staff to serve guests at dinners hosted by the president and first lady. Suz Redfearn photographed the wine bottle holder on November 19, 2018.
  • Mantel Clock, White House Collection (Detail)
    Unknown
    clock
    This detailed closeup is of a black marble and malachite mantel clock. The clock has three dials (clock, calendar, and barometer) and a thermometer and was made in France. It was purchased from retailer Browne & Spaulding of New York City for the mantelpiece in the Cabinet Room during the Ulysses S. Grant administration. Until the construction of the West Wing in 1902, the Cabinet Room was on the east end of the Second Floor in the Executive Mansion.
  • Bellange Chair, White House Collection
    Pierre-Antoine Bellange
    chair
    This gilded beechwood armchair is part of the 53-piece suite of Pierre-Antoine Bellange furniture that future president James Monroe purchased while serving as United States minister to France and later brought with him to the White House. Many pieces remain in the White House Collection. This particular chair is upholstered in fabric inspired by the chair's original crimson upholstery.
  • Hiawatha's Boat, White House Collection (Detail)
    Gorham Manufacturing Company
    silver
    This image shows the detail of Hiawatha's Boat, a silver and mirror centerpiece made by Gorham Manufacturing Company of Providence, Rhode Island, in 1871. First Lady Julia Grant purchased the centerpiece, which the artist based on the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem The Song of Hiawatha, at the 1876 Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
  • Bellange Chair, White House Collection
    Pierre-Antoine Bellange
    chair
    This gilded beechwood armchair is part of the 53-piece suite of Pierre-Antoine Bellange furniture that future president James Monroe purchased while serving as United States minister to France and later brought with him to the White House. Many pieces remain in the White House Collection. This particular chair is upholstered in fabric inspired by the chair's original crimson upholstery.
  • Wine Bottle Holder, White House Collection
    Unknown
    silver
    This silver-plated wine bottle holder was created circa 1904 in Connecticut. The wine bottle holder was used by White House staff to serve guests at dinners hosted by the president and first lady. Suz Redfearn photographed the wine bottle holder on November 19, 2018.
  • Mantel Clock, White House Collection (Detail)
    Unknown
    clock
    This detailed closeup is of a black marble and malachite mantel clock. The clock has three dials (clock, calendar, and barometer) and a thermometer and was made in France. It was purchased from retailer Browne & Spaulding of New York City for the mantelpiece in the Cabinet Room during the Ulysses S. Grant administration. Until the construction of the West Wing in 1902, the Cabinet Room was on the east end of the Second Floor in the Executive Mansion.
  • Flagpole Finial, White House Collection
    Unknown
    finial
    This gilded copper finial with an intricately carved eagle ornament was removed from the White House flagpole in 1993 due to damage. It is not known if this was the original finial installed atop a new White House flagpole in 1898 or if it was a replacement. Following the removal in 1993, the finial was replaced with an exact replica.
  • Wine Bottle Holder, White House Collection (Detail)
    Unknown
    silver
    This silver-plated wine bottle holder was created circa 1904 in Connecticut. The wine bottle holder was used by White House staff to serve guests at dinners hosted by the president and first lady. Suz Redfearn photographed the wine bottle holder on November 19, 2018.
  • Bellange Chair, White House Collection
    Pierre-Antoine Bellange
    chair
    This gilded beechwood armchair is part of the 53-piece suite of Pierre-Antoine Bellange furniture that future president James Monroe purchased while serving as United States minister to France and later brought with him to the White House. Many pieces remain in the White House Collection. This particular chair is upholstered in fabric inspired by the chair's original crimson upholstery.
  • Lucinda Desha Robb's Handprints
    Suz Redfearn
    First Family
    This photograph of the concrete block with the imprint of Lucinda Desha Robb's handprints was originally in the Children's Garden on the White House South Grounds. Robb was the daughter of Lynda Bird Johnson, daughter of President Lyndon B. Johnson and First Lady Lady Bird Johnson. The garden was created by President and Mrs. Johnson in 1968. Since then, several children and grandchildren of presidents and first ladies have added to the collection of imprints.
  • Johnson China Service on Display
    Suz Redfearn
    china service
    place setting
    This porcelain plate was designed by Tiffany & Company and manufactured by Castleton China of New Castle, Pennsylvania, between 1968 and 1972. The piece, part of the state dinner service of the Lyndon B. Johnson administration, features a border of gold dots and hand-painted decorations. The eagle that appears on the plate was modeled after the version of the arms of the United States that decorated President James Monroe's 1817 dessert service. The plate was photographed on display in the White House Visitor Center on November 19, 2018.
  • Lucinda Desha Robb's Handprints
    Suz Redfearn
    First Family
    This photograph of the concrete block with the imprint of Lucinda Desha Robb's handprints was originally in the Children's Garden on the White House South Grounds. Robb was the daughter of Lynda Bird Johnson, daughter of President Lyndon B. Johnson and First Lady Lady Bird Johnson. The garden was created by President and Mrs. Johnson in 1968. Since then, several children and grandchildren of presidents and first ladies have added to the collection of imprints.
  • Medicine Chest
    Unknown
    chest
    This walnut medicine chest with brass and ivory details was taken from the White House during the fire of August 24, 1814 and given to President Franklin D. Roosevelt by a descendant of Thomas Kains, a British naval purser who was part of the British forces in the Chesapeake campaign. Bates Littlehales photographed the chest in March 1962, when it was on loan from the National Archives and Records Administration during the John F. Kennedy administration.
  • Torchere, White House Collection
    Unknown
    candelabrum
    gilded bronze
    This is one of a pair of circa 1830-1837 gilded bronze torchères in the White House Collection. They were placed with the Blue Room mantel in the mid-19th century and may have been a gift to President Andrew Jackson by a political supporter. Bates Littlehales photographed the torchere in March 1962 during the John F. Kennedy administration.