Are you sure you want to delete this item? Are you sure you want to delete these 0 items?

Download

Oops! Something went wrong! It doesn't appear to have affected your data. Please notify your system administrator if the problem persists. Access denied
Your session was expired. Page will be reloaded.

Processing...

Your assets are ready. If the download does not start automatically, click Download.

Add assets to album

  • East Sitting Hall, Carter Administration
    Steve Raymer
    Second Floor
    East Sitting Hall
    This photograph, taken by National Geographic photographer Steve Raymer, shows the East Sitting Hall as it appeared in August 1978, during the administration of President Jimmy Carter. The East Sitting Hall is located on the Second Floor of the Executive Mansion. Before the President's offices were moved to the West Wing in 1902, clerks, government officials, and newspaper reporters waited in the East Sitting Hall in hopes of an audience with the president. Located just outside the Lincoln Bedroom, the East Sitting Hall now serves as an informal living area for guests of the First Family.
  • East Sitting Hall, Carter Administration
    Steve Raymer
    Second Floor
    East Sitting Hall
    This photograph, taken by National Geographic photographer Steve Raymer, shows the East Sitting Hall as it appeared in August 1978, during the administration of President Jimmy Carter. The East Sitting Hall is located on the Second Floor of the Executive Mansion. Before the President's offices were moved to the West Wing in 1902, clerks, government officials, and newspaper reporters waited in the East Sitting Hall in hopes of an audience with the president. Located just outside the Lincoln Bedroom, the East Sitting Hall now serves as an informal living area for guests of the First Family.
  • East Sitting Hall, Carter Administration
    Steve Raymer
    Second Floor
    East Sitting Hall
    This photograph, taken by National Geographic photographer Steve Raymer, shows the East Sitting Hall as it appeared in August 1978, during the administration of President Jimmy Carter. The East Sitting Hall is located on the Second Floor of the Executive Mansion. Before the President's offices were moved to the West Wing in 1902, clerks, government officials, and newspaper reporters waited in the East Sitting Hall in hopes of an audience with the president. Located just outside the Lincoln Bedroom, the East Sitting Hall now serves as an informal living area for guests of the First Family.
  • East Sitting Hall, Carter Administration
    Steve Raymer
    Second Floor
    East Sitting Hall
    This photograph, taken by National Geographic photographer Steve Raymer, shows the East Sitting Hall as it appeared in August 1978, during the administration of President Jimmy Carter. The East Sitting Hall is located on the Second Floor of the Executive Mansion. Before the President's offices were moved to the West Wing in 1902, clerks, government officials, and newspaper reporters waited in the East Sitting Hall in hopes of an audience with the president. Located just outside the Lincoln Bedroom, the East Sitting Hall now serves as an informal living area for guests of the First Family.
  • East Sitting Hall, Carter Administration
    Steve Raymer
    Second Floor
    East Sitting Hall
    This photograph, taken by National Geographic photographer Steve Raymer, shows the East Sitting Hall as it appeared in August 1978, during the administration of President Jimmy Carter. The East Sitting Hall is located on the Second Floor of the Executive Mansion. Before the President's offices were moved to the West Wing in 1902, clerks, government officials, and newspaper reporters waited in the East Sitting Hall in hopes of an audience with the president. Located just outside the Lincoln Bedroom, the East Sitting Hall now serves as an informal living area for guests of the First Family.
  • Dedication Plaque in James S. Brady Press Room
    Matthew D'Agostino
    West Wing
    Press Room
    This photograph, taken by Matthew D'Agostino on April 6, 2015, shows a dedication plaque on the wall of the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room in the West Wing of the White House. The Press Room was created in 1969 under President Richard M. Nixon in a location previously used as a swimming pool. In 2000, it was renamed the James S. Brady Press Room in honor of the press secretary to former President Ronald Reagan. This photograph was taken during a press briefing where Josh Earnest, press secretary for President Barack Obama, accompanied Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz in a discussion of the developing framework for the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, commonly known as the Iran nuclear deal.
  • Spring in the West Garden Room, Obama Administration
    Matthew D'Agostino
    flower
    West Garden Room
    West Wing
    This photograph, taken by Matthew D'Agostino on April 6, 2015 during the Barack Obama administration, shows springtime decorations that adorned the West Garden Room during the annual White House Easter Egg Roll. Plotted flowers bloom on the table, while the allegorical work "Union" by Italian-born artist Constantino Brumidi hangs on the wall. Brumidi completed "Union" and its companion piece "Liberty" in 1869. President Ulysses S. Grant commissioned the works for display in the renovated Entrance Hall of the White House. Representing the indivisibility of the restored Union after the Civil War, both were mounted in the ceiling after completion. The pieces were removed during the Benjamin Harrison administration, and returned to the White House following their rediscovery in 1978.
  • Spring in the West Garden Room, Obama Administration
    Matthew D'Agostino
    flower
    West Garden Room
    West Wing
    This photograph, taken by Matthew D'Agostino on April 6, 2015 during the Barack Obama administration, shows springtime decorations that adorned the West Garden Room during the annual White House Easter Egg Roll. Plotted flowers bloom on the table, while the allegorical work "Union" by Italian-born artist Constantino Brumidi hangs on the wall. Brumidi completed "Union" and its companion piece "Liberty" in 1869. President Ulysses S. Grant commissioned the works for display in the renovated Entrance Hall of the White House. Representing the indivisibility of the restored Union after the Civil War, both were mounted in the ceiling after completion. The pieces were removed during the Benjamin Harrison administration, and returned to the White House following their rediscovery in 1978.
  • Spring in the West Garden Room, Obama Administration
    Matthew D'Agostino
    flower
    West Garden Room
    West Wing
    This photograph, taken by Matthew D'Agostino on April 6, 2015 during the Barack Obama administration, shows springtime decorations that adorned the West Garden Room during the annual White House Easter Egg Roll. Plotted flowers bloom on the table, while the allegorical work "Union" by Italian-born artist Constantino Brumidi hangs on the wall. Brumidi completed "Union" and its companion piece "Liberty" in 1869. President Ulysses S. Grant commissioned the works for display in the renovated Entrance Hall of the White House. Representing the indivisibility of the restored Union after the Civil War, both were mounted in the ceiling after completion. The pieces were removed during the Benjamin Harrison administration, and returned to the White House following their rediscovery in 1978.
  • Decorated Entrance Hall and Grand Staircase, Nixon Administration
    Unknown
    Grand Staircase
    Entrance Hall
    holidays
    Christmas
    State Floor
    This photograph of the Entrance Hall and Grand Staircase decorated for the holiday season was taken on December 14, 1970, during the Richard M. Nixon administration. For her second Christmas as first lady, Pat Nixon adorned the Executive Mansion once again with wreaths, garlands, and red bows. Other returning decorations included 12 roughly eight-foot-tall pedestal scones topped with red candles, and velvet-and-satin state flower ornaments on the official White House Christmas Tree. Eastman Johnson's official 1891 portrait of President Grover Cleveland can be seen hanging under a wreath on the right side of this photograph.
  • Entrance Hall and Cross Hall, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    State Floor
    Entrance Hall
    Cross Hall
    This photograph of the Entrance Hall and accompanying Cross Hall was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Robert S. Oakes, & Victor Boswell, during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. Located on the State Floor of the White House, the Entrance Hall welcomes visitors arriving through the North Portico to the Executive Mansion. The presidential seal is embedded in the wall, located just above the entrance to the Blue Room. On the floor, between the central columns, are bronze stars that commemorate the Roosevelt and Truman renovations in 1902 and 1948-1952. The Cross Hall, seen here in the background with red carpeting, runs the length of the Executive Mansion and offers views of the Red, Green, and Blue Rooms.
  • Grand Staircase, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    Grand Staircase
    State Floor
    This photograph of the Grand Staircase was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. The Grand Staircase connects the Second Floor and family quarters of the White House with the State Floor and Entrance Hall below. During official occasions such as State Dinners, the president descends the staircase with honored guests while the United States Marine Band plays "Hail to the Chief." There have been five Grand Staircases since the White House was built, including two located in this alcove. The first was built during the 1902 Theodore Roosevelt renovations. The second, seen here, during the Harry S. Truman renovations of 1948-1952. Truman took particular interest to redesign the staircase into the two long, descending sets of stairs.
  • Grand Staircase, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    Grand Staircase
    State Floor
    This photograph of the Grand Staircase was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. The Grand Staircase connects the Second Floor and family quarters of the White House with the State Floor and Entrance Hall below. During official occasions such as State Dinners, the president descends the staircase with honored guests while the United States Marine Band plays "Hail to the Chief." There have been five Grand Staircases since the White House was built, including two located in this alcove. The first was built during the 1902 Theodore Roosevelt renovations. The second, seen here, during the Harry S. Truman renovations of 1948-1952. Truman took particular interest to redesign the staircase into the two long, descending sets of stairs.
  • Grand Staircase, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    Grand Staircase
    State Floor
    This photograph of the Grand Staircase was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. The Grand Staircase connects the Second Floor and family quarters of the White House with the State Floor and Entrance Hall below. During official occasions such as State Dinners, the president descends the staircase with honored guests while the United States Marine Band plays "Hail to the Chief." There have been five Grand Staircases since the White House was built, including two located in this alcove. The first was built during the 1902 Theodore Roosevelt renovations. The second, seen here, during the Harry S. Truman renovations of 1948-1952. Truman took particular interest to redesign the staircase into the two long, descending sets of stairs.
  • Entrance Hall and Cross Hall, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    State Floor
    Entrance Hall
    Cross Hall
    This photograph of the Entrance Hall and accompanying Cross Hall was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Robert S. Oakes, & Victor Boswell, during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. Located on the State Floor of the White House, the Entrance Hall welcomes visitors arriving through the North Portico to the Executive Mansion. The presidential seal is embedded in the wall, located just above the entrance to the Blue Room. On the floor, between the central columns, are bronze stars that commemorate the Roosevelt and Truman renovations in 1902 and 1948-1952. The Cross Hall, seen here in the background with red carpeting, runs the length of the Executive Mansion and offers views of the Red, Green, and Blue Rooms.
  • Grand Staircase, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    Grand Staircase
    State Floor
    This photograph of the Grand Staircase was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. The Grand Staircase connects the Second Floor and family quarters of the White House with the State Floor and Entrance Hall below. During official occasions such as State Dinners, the president descends the staircase with honored guests while the United States Marine Band plays "Hail to the Chief." There have been five Grand Staircases since the White House was built, including two located in this alcove. The first was built during the 1902 Theodore Roosevelt renovations. The second, seen here, during the Harry S. Truman renovations of 1948-1952. Truman took particular interest to redesign the staircase into the two long, descending sets of stairs.
  • Grand Staircase, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    Grand Staircase
    State Floor
    This photograph of the Grand Staircase was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. The Grand Staircase connects the Second Floor and family quarters of the White House with the State Floor and Entrance Hall below. During official occasions such as State Dinners, the president descends the staircase with honored guests while the United States Marine Band plays "Hail to the Chief." There have been five Grand Staircases since the White House was built, including two located in this alcove. The first was built during the 1902 Theodore Roosevelt renovations. The second, seen here, during the Harry S. Truman renovations of 1948-1952. Truman took particular interest to redesign the staircase into the two long, descending sets of stairs.
  • Grand Staircase, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    Grand Staircase
    State Floor
    This photograph of the Grand Staircase was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. The Grand Staircase connects the Second Floor and family quarters of the White House with the State Floor and Entrance Hall below. During official occasions such as State Dinners, the president descends the staircase with honored guests while the United States Marine Band plays "Hail to the Chief." There have been five Grand Staircases since the White House was built, including two located in this alcove. The first was built during the 1902 Theodore Roosevelt renovations. The second, seen here, during the Harry S. Truman renovations of 1948-1952. Truman took particular interest to redesign the staircase into the two long, descending sets of stairs.
  • Grand Staircase, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    Grand Staircase
    State Floor
    This photograph of the Grand Staircase was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Victor Boswell, and Robert S. Oakes during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. The Grand Staircase connects the Second Floor and family quarters of the White House with the State Floor and Entrance Hall below. During official occasions such as State Dinners, the president descends the staircase with honored guests while the United States Marine Band plays "Hail to the Chief." There have been five Grand Staircases since the White House was built, including two located in this alcove. The first was built during the 1902 Theodore Roosevelt renovations. The second, seen here, during the Harry S. Truman renovations of 1948-1952. Truman took particular interest to redesign the staircase into the two long, descending sets of stairs.
  • Entrance Hall and Cross Hall, Nixon Administration
    Nelson Brown
    Victor Boswell
    Robert S. Oakes
    State Floor
    Entrance Hall
    Cross Hall
    This photograph of the Entrance Hall and accompanying Cross Hall was taken in January 1972 by Nelson Brown, Robert S. Oakes, & Victor Boswell, during the administration of Richard M. Nixon. Located on the State Floor of the White House, the Entrance Hall welcomes visitors arriving through the North Portico to the Executive Mansion. The presidential seal is embedded in the wall, located just above the entrance to the Blue Room. On the floor, between the central columns, are bronze stars that commemorate the Roosevelt and Truman renovations in 1902 and 1948-1952. The Cross Hall, seen here in the background with red carpeting, runs the length of the Executive Mansion and offers views of the Red, Green, and Blue Rooms.