Are you sure you want to delete this item? Are you sure you want to delete these 0 items?

Download

Oops! Something went wrong! It doesn't appear to have affected your data. Please notify your system administrator if the problem persists. Access denied
Your session was expired. Page will be reloaded.

Processing...

Your assets are ready. If the download does not start automatically, click Download.

Add assets to album

  • Evacuation of Executive Office Staff, September 11, 2001
    Unknown
    staff
    Washington, D.C.
    September 11
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph was taken during the evacuation of executive office staff following the terrorist attacks on the morning of September 11, 2001. The evacuation notice applied to approximately 1,800 staff members who worked in the East and West Wings of the White House, the Old Executive Office Building (later rededicated as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building), the New Executive Office Building, and the Winder Building. Here, fleeing staffers can be seen among the traffic and tourists outside the Old Executive Office Building at the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 17th Street.
  • Vice President Quayle at his Surprise Birthday Party
    Unknown
    celebrations
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    Washington, D.C.
    This photograph was taken on February 6, 1989 during a surprise party for Vice President Dan Quayle. The party was held in a reception room outside the vice president's ceremonial office in the Old Executive Office Building. While the Office of the Vice President is primarily based in the Old Executive Office Building (later renamed the Eisenhower Executive Office Building), vice presidents also work from offices in the West Wing of the White House, the United States Capitol Building, and their official residence at the United States Naval Observatory.
  • President Bush Participates in a Hanukkah Celebration
    Unknown
    winter holidays
    menorahs
    Hanukkah
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    Washington, D.C.
    In this photograph, taken on December 21, 1989, President George H. W. Bush, Vice President Dan Quayle, and Second Lady Marilyn T. Quayle participate in a Hanukkah celebration in the Old Executive Office Building. During the ceremony, religious leaders from the Synagogue Council of America presented President Bush with a menorah that was later displayed at the White House. This was the first time a menorah was displayed at the White House. Located west of the White House, the Old Executive Office Building was formerly called the State, War, and Navy Building and later renamed the Eisenhower Executive Office Building after President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Obama Administration
    Matthew D’Agostino
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    This photograph of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was taken by Matthew D’Agostino for the White House Historical Association on June 21, 2013. Commissioned by President Ulysses S. Grant and completed in 1888, the majestic building was designed by Alfred Mullet in the Second Empire style, which is characterized by a sloping mansard roof and grand embellishments. Originally known as the State, War and Navy Building, the building houses the offices of much of the president’s staff. This photograph captures the northwest corner of the building, along Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • White House Switchboard Operators
    Joseph H. Bailey
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    residence staff
    This photograph of White House switchboard operators was taken in June 1982 by Joseph H. Bailey during the Ronald Reagan administration. The operators worked in the Old Executive Office Building, which was rededicated as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building by President George W. Bush in 2002. The ten-position Western Electric switchboard was installed in 1963. Switchboard operators answered thousands of calls every day.
  • White House Switchboard Operators
    Joseph H. Bailey
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    residence staff
    This photograph of White House switchboard operators was taken in June 1982 by Joseph H. Bailey during the Ronald Reagan administration. The operators worked in the Old Executive Office Building, which was rededicated as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building by President George W. Bush in 2002. The ten-position Western Electric switchboard was installed in 1963. Switchboard operators answered thousands of calls every day.
  • White House Switchboard Operators
    Joseph H. Bailey
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    residence staff
    This photograph of White House switchboard operators was taken in June 1982 by Joseph H. Bailey during the Ronald Reagan administration. The operators worked in the Old Executive Office Building, which was rededicated as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building by President George W. Bush in 2002. The ten-position Western Electric switchboard was installed in 1963. Switchboard operators answered thousands of calls every day.
  • White House Switchboard Operators
    Joseph H. Bailey
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    residence staff
    This photograph of White House switchboard operators was taken in June 1982 by Joseph H. Bailey during the Ronald Reagan administration. The operators worked in the Old Executive Office Building, which was rededicated as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building by President George W. Bush in 2002. The ten-position Western Electric switchboard was installed in 1963. Switchboard operators answered thousands of calls every day.
  • White House Switchboard Operators
    Joseph H. Bailey
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    residence staff
    This photograph of White House switchboard operators was taken in June 1982 by Joseph H. Bailey during the Ronald Reagan administration. The operators worked in the Old Executive Office Building, which was rededicated as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building by President George W. Bush in 2002. The ten-position Western Electric switchboard was installed in 1963. Switchboard operators answered thousands of calls every day.
  • White House Switchboard Operators
    Joseph H. Bailey
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    residence staff
    This photograph of White House switchboard operators was taken in June 1982 by Joseph H. Bailey during the Ronald Reagan administration. The operators worked in the Old Executive Office Building, which was rededicated as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building by President George W. Bush in 2002. The ten-position Western Electric switchboard was installed in 1963. Switchboard operators answered thousands of calls every day.
  • White House Switchboard Operators
    Joseph H. Bailey
    Eisenhower Executive Office Building
    residence staff
    This photograph of White House switchboard operators was taken in June 1982 by Joseph H. Bailey during the Ronald Reagan administration. The operators worked in the Old Executive Office Building, which was rededicated as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building by President George W. Bush in 2002. The ten-position Western Electric switchboard was installed in 1963. Switchboard operators answered thousands of calls every day.